Parras Middle School
Dress Code Policy
- Students are expected to be neat, clean and appropriately attired for school.
- Pajama tops are not allowed, unless for a spirit day.
- Shoes appropriate for school activities must be worn at all times. Footwear standards are maintained for the prevention of accidents and injury. High-heeled shoes and backless and/or open-toed sandals (such as Crocs) are not permitted on campus.
- No clothing, article of clothing, or manner of wearing clothes, which is inappropriately revealing, torn, or disruptive to the educational program, shall be worn on campus or at school activities. Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Tank tops should be wide enough at the shoulder to fully cover undergarment straps. See-through or fishnet fabrics, halter tops, off-the shoulder or low cut tops, bare midriffs and excessively short skirts and shorts are prohibited. No skin should be showing at the midriff.
- Underwear may not be visible at any time.
- No student shall wear any article of clothing, jewelry, or accessory, which, in the opinion of the school administration, poses a threat to the physical well-being and safety of the student or others (for example chains, spiked wristbands/ collars, long belts, unbuckled overalls.)
- No clothing or any article of clothing related to a group or gang that may provoke others to act violently or to be intimated by fear of violence, shall be worn on campus or at any school activity.
- Clothing and jewelry shall be safe and free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice or the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
- Hats, sweatshirt hoods, visors or beanies may not be worn inside Parras campus buildings. Students may not wear sweatshirt hoods over their heads to disguise the use of wireless headphones while walking around campus.
Students who do not to adhere to these guidelines will be required to change into a Parras spirit shirt and/or PE shorts for the remainder of the school day if they do not have appropriate alternate clothing with them.