Parras At A Glance
Parras Middle School At A Glance
Parras Middle School has been serving the Redondo Beach community since opening in 1953. Our school provides a rigorous education for our students, which prepares them to be successful at Redondo Union High School. Our motivated students are high achieving and they are able to pursue their interests in sports, music, theater arts and writing.
- Currently we have 1,170 sixth through eighth grade students enrolled in Parras.
- Parras was awarded the National Blue Ribbon Award in 1994
- Parras has twice been awarded the California Distinguished School award.
- Parras earned the California Gold Ribbon Award for 2016
- Parras earned the California Green Ribbon Award-Gold Level for 2016
- We offer overnight camps for all three grade levels to further enrich our students’ experience at Parras Middle School.
- We offer elective classes for students to pursue their interests such as drama, media technology, computers, creative writing, school publications and leadership.
- Students have the opportunity to play in our intermural program which has sports such as flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball.
- Our after school GATE program gives students a one of a kind experiential learning opportunity.
- We have two highly trained counselors to help our students with academic, social and emotional needs during their three years at Parras Middle School.
- Our students are placed on a core team of teachers. This is done so teachers are better able to address your student’s needs.
- We have an online Parent Portal so you can see your child’s attendance and assignment grades in real time.
- Our students receive PE everyday along with the core subjects of math, social studies, science, and language arts.
- Our sixth grade students are placed on a small team of two teachers. One teacher will teach math and science while the other will teach social studies and language arts..
- We have jazz band, concert band, wind ensemble, and symphonic band.
- We have a new performing arts stage and an outdoor amphitheater for performances.
- Our textbooks are online so students have access at all times.
- We have a digital library for students to download books to their eReaders, Chromebooks, and iPads.
The above information is a small sampling of what Parras Middle School offers its students. To learn more information about our outstanding school, please visit our school or call (310)798-8616.
Parras Middle School
200 N. Lucia Redondo Beach, California 90277