Parras Middle School has its 2018-2019 registration for incoming and current students on the following days:
8th Grade - August 21st, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
7th Grade - August 22nd, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
6th Grade - August 23rd, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
August 23rd - Camp Parras New Student Orientation from 12:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Students will receive their class schedules, locker assignments, books, and other materials on their registration day. Students will be able to move their supplies into their lockers the day they register or anytime afterward.
IMPORTANT: If your child is an incoming seventh-grade student, they must have the Tdap shot or they will not be able to attend school.
To assist us in a smooth registration process, please consider the following when arriving to register:
- Attend the appropriate registration session for your child and plan for 1½ hours.
- PLEASE HAVE ALL NEEDED FORMS COMPLETED (See Parras Registration Forms to the right) AND SIGNED BEFORE ARRIVING FOR REGISTRATION.
- Any outstanding fines and/or charges must be paid at that time. Student schedules will not be issued until the forms are returned and fines paid.
- Students may purchase the following items during registration:
- Agenda book- $5. This book contains our academic schedule for the year and is consistently used by all teachers to communicate assignments.
- Physical education clothes and PE locks- $30 total. PE clothes are $25 and $5 for a lock (students may only use Parras academic locks).
- Academic locker lock- $5 (lock must be a Parras lock). Students may reuse their previous year's academic lock.
- Additional items can be found on the Registration Purchase Form
- 2018-19 School Pictures will be taken at registration and students should dress according to our school's dress code. This picture will be used for the yearbook and Student ID Card
If you are unable to participate in registration, a make-up registration day will be held on the first day of school in the gymnasium. Your child will receive his/her schedule on the first day of school and books. PE Clothes/Lock will be issued during registration day.
We encourage parents to accompany their children to registration. If a parent is not available, the student may come alone or with another adult, but please make sure he/she has all appropriate paperwork and checks to complete the registration process.
Register for Honors Language and Social Science for 7th grade: https://goo.gl/forms/Vi61iI2dthUqm9uy1
Register for Honors Language Arts and Social Science for 8th grade: https://goo.gl/forms/7sDv8wBqVtnXNTUO2
Presentation for incoming 6th grade parents: http://prezi.com/xkk6h7ti0cz-/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy